Friday, September 17, 2004

Lockout Day 2 - Madden Backtracks.

Predictably the NHLPA sent a few goons over to John Madden's house to rough him up a bit.

After his encounter with the PA's henchmen, Madden is now following the company line, saying his comments were taken out of context.

"I was asked if my union decided to go along with a cap, would I accept that and I said, 'yeah, I'd go along with my union.'"

Really John? I seem to remember reading something like:

"The only problem I'm having with things is believing whose numbers are right and whose numbers are wrong. Those are the big issues. And if it needs to have a cap, give it a cap, you know... There's a problem that needs to be solved. It's not my final decision to say whether a cap's going to be involved, but I'm just saying we need to fix the problem. There needs to be a season. We have to find a common ground. And that's where I'm willing to go -- the middle of the road -- with everything..."

Hmmmm, there seems to be plenty of context in that statement... the union must have some scary goons, did they threaten to smash up your Porche or something?

No comments: